Welcome to Congregation B’nai Israel! We are delighted that you are considering joining our village.
We are an inclusive and family-friendly community, welcoming members at all levels of religious observance, those born Jewish, those who have chosen Judaism, and interfaith families. Our diverse, multi-generational congregation welcomes people of all ages, racial and ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, and those at any point on their Jewish journey.
Belonging to the community means taking an active role in shaping our future and demonstrating your commitment to helping Judaism to flourish in OC and beyond. In addition, members access clergy support throughout life’s ups and downs, Jewish education for children – from preschoolers to teens – participation in High Holy Day services and events year-round, and a precious and priceless sense of belonging and home.
We look forward to having you as a member of our congregation!
To learn more, please see our list of contacts. To schedule a conversation, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 730-9693. We look forward to welcoming you.
We also invite you to join us for upcoming events. Information is shared in our weekly e-newsletters. To receive updates: sign up here.
Click here for our new member information form.
July 2023 – June 2024 – Click here for our membership payment form
(please note that financial assistance is available to those with need)
|Couple (ages 36-67)||$3,550|
|Single (ages 36-67)||$1,950|
|Senior Couple (age 68+)||$2,100|
|Senior Single (age 68+)||$1,250|
|Young Couple (ages 35 and younger)||$600|
|Young Single (ages 35 and younger)||$330|
|“Sharon” Families (Building Maintenance)||$525|
|“Friend of CBI” (associate membership for those outside our area, does not include High Holiday tickets)||$360|
|Benefactor Membership: Platinum Chai Honors Circle*||$18,000|
|Benefactor Membership: Golden Chai Honors Circle*||$11,000|
|Benefactor Membership: Silver Chai Honors Circle*||$8,000|
|Benefactor Membership: Bronze Chai Honors Circle*||$6,000|
|Benefactor Membership: Copper Chai Honors Circle*||$4,500|
Specific details can be found within the membership forms and documents.
Membership at CBI includes many wonderful benefits including:
- Belonging to a community with people to share life’s joys and ease life’s sorrows.
- Our Rabbi, Cantor, and staff are there for you through important life cycle events and every day for counseling, teaching and care.
- Opportunities for Jewish education for children, including B’nai Mitzvah training, and continuing education for adults.
- Priority enrollment and reduced fees at our preschool.
- High Holy Day tickets (unless otherwise noted)
- Opportunities to live your Jewish values by caring for others in need.
- Leadership opportunities to become a board or committee member, or to lead worship services.
- A varied and rich offering of events, programming and classes to enrich and engage.
- The ability to secure a place in CBI’s section at Harbor Lawn cemetery.